26.7.07

No gambling in SecondLife - what will become of the alter universe build for exactly that !?

Wow, that was my first though, when I read this over at techcrunch today.

Being a bit of a fallen SL user, with an avatar left to meet it's maker (for now), it's a bit interesting to see what direction Second Life will take from here.
Maybe in the long run, it can help save SL transforming it from this sex-focused money-making world, into a more true place of social interaction. Just maybe...

I'm not jumping back into the SL world, mainly because it's still too time consuming, and my original question "How do i combine my FirstLife with my SecondLife?" has jet to be answered. I do not believe this to be the future of web(3.0) (shame on me - I don't know if web3.0 is as bad to say as web2.0 - is it?)

The true web3.0 - in terms of social interaction, will be much more based on a closer sibling of the browser we know today. I think examples like Flock and the ideas like XFN is more likely to be the near future of the web. (again I know that "web" is a huge concept, just like web2.0)




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

youComment

If you have any input to any of the stuff you read on my blog, please let me know in the comments or -

Chat with me