18.9.07

Another great article in Report 103 on Visual Brainstorming


Jeffery Baumgartner brings a thoughtful description on using more visual tools in a brainstorming process. I agree with most of it - though i do believe that conventional text/word based brainstorms still has it's rights in some instances.

One thing I especially like is this:

Incidentally, research has also shown that while verbal brainstorming in a single location often brings less creative results than individual creativity, on-line brainstorming using web based tools is more effective than on-site brainstorming or individual brainstorming.

I've had more successful on line brainstorms facilitated by everything from a shared document, mind map, skype or even a combination of text messaging, sending pictures, links and drawings, than localized ones with the same success factor. So I think there might be some truth in this.

I also think that Anand Chhatpar - which I'm fortunate to have had good chats and brainstorms with, thought of this a while back when he created http://www.brainreactions.net/

I've used it far less than i should and could have, but I think it might come to it's rights, especially if you use it even if the brainstorm is localized. I think it has great potential regarding idea-collection and later idea management.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

youComment

If you have any input to any of the stuff you read on my blog, please let me know in the comments or -

Chat with me