8.10.07

How often should you change design on your website?

A question I never though coming, and then it did - a month or so ago... The question never really came up before, but then again, I never worked a place where the website was 10+years old... (might be overreacting a bit but judge for yourself here www.bordingdata.dk)

Actually I think the question came with some choices:

- Every second year?
- Every third year?
- Every fifth year?

Not being a designer or anything, my answer is:

"Well, it depends on which design you are changing from, and how the marked you are working in is developing"

- do you agree?

In general though, i would say that the more "time-less" your design is, the longer it can live. Back when I worked at www.dba.dk we almost always worked towards a re-design, and at that time we where releasing a new design approximately every second year - so maybe that is the answer...?

But on the other hand, if you have a relatively "light" design with a good CMS underneath, then the ability to make your website dynamic will do wonders to your websites life cycle - prolonging it that is...



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

youComment

If you have any input to any of the stuff you read on my blog, please let me know in the comments or -

Chat with me