13.10.07

Was Opasia an early version of a virtual world ?

I was having a nice dinner with Karin Hoegh after Open Coffee Club the other day- among a lot of things we remembered, what we thought, could be called the first Virtual World (attempt) in Denmark: Opasia.

Do you remember Opasia DK ?

Yes yes, it wasn't a "virtual" world back then, but if TDC had made Opasia today - wouldn't it have been one ?


Opasia was a brainchild of TDC. Bundled with their Lasat modems, Opasia was an so and so integrated part of your first TDC internet expirience. Trying to create a world/space/community/ portal to the internet.

Opasia, it still brings a smile to my face, not because i used it - i as probably many of you, quickly worked around it, and installed my own - non tdc version of the IE browser.



Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Kåre Mulvad said...

Quick link to a new post from Peter Svarre:
http://www.petersvarre.dk/blog/2008/09/web-20-expo-11-second-life-gets-second.html

youComment

If you have any input to any of the stuff you read on my blog, please let me know in the comments or -

Chat with me